- In School Year 2001-2002, initial preparations for the offering of an AB in Communication program at DLSL began.
- By June 2002, DLSL started to offer the program and accepted 49 students as pioneers. The program was temporarily attached to the Languages and Literature Department under the Arts Unit.
- The following year, Mr. Eldrick Peña was appointed Area Chair of the Languages and Literature Department, the temporary home department of the AB Communication program.
- By mid Novemberof the same year, Mr. Eldrick Peña together with Mr. Fredevel Bruce Banaag and Engr. Cid Frio visited DLSU Manila for benchmarking regarding the soon to be constructed DLSL Media Center.
- In SY 2004-2005, the AB Communication program was separated from the Languages and Literature area, making it an independent department. Mr. Peña was appointed as first Department Chair.
- During the same school year, the department acquired two digital video cameras which were bought by the school President, Br. Manuel Pajarillo FSC during one of his trips in the United States.
- The department also acquired its TV Production and Video editing equipment in preparation for the Regional Quality Assessment Team (R-QAT) visit for the final granting of permit to the AB Communication program. By February 2005, the Lipa Workshop was established. The workshop became an annual event since then, tapping the expertise of some of the country's finest filmmakers as facillitators and speakers.
- In April 2005, the internship program began. The 34 junior AB Communication students enrolled in OJT class had their internship at ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation.
- Construction of the Media Center was completed by April of the same year and in May, the department finally moved to its permanent home.
- In SY 2005-2006, additional equipment which include microphones, tape recorders, SLR cameras, PC's, video cameras, and TRIPOD's were acquired.The department implemented a revised curriculum for the incoming freshmen.
- In March 2006, the department had its first batch of graduates.
- In SY 2006-2007, there was a significant rise in the number of enrollees to the AB Communication program.
- Negotiations for the purchase of the radio broadcasting equipment began in January 2007.
- In SY 2008 - 2009, a new curriculum with two major elective tracks - in Journalism and Advertising was implemented.
- In November 2008, My La Salle, My Radio, 106.1 Animo FM was launched.
- In SY 2009 - 2010, initial preparations were done for the offering of an AB in Multi-media Arts program. Initial permit to offer the program was granted by April 2010.
- In SY 2010 - 2011, the department began to offer the AB in Multi-media Arts program which has an initial enrollment of 21 students.
- In SY 2011 - 2012, the department was renamed to Communication and Multimedia Arts (CMMA)
ContactAssociation of Communication Students
Media Center, MB-408 Mabini Building, De La Salle Lipa, Lipa City
Tel. No. (63) (43) 756 5555 loc. 269 Fax No. (043) 756-3117 Mobile: 0927.913.3832 (Globe) 0929.765.9808 (Smart)